Friday, January 1, 2016

Shelf Sightings #5: Lady Pancake and Sir French Toast

I was at the bookstore during the holidays and it was so exciting to see everyone rushing around with piles of books in their arms.  You just know they're going to pick up something they like.  Or you know...despise and then actively blacklist on every social media platform. 

Anyway, I was in the children's section just loitering about the Star Wars display when I saw this book on the shelf. 

I don't think I've ever been charmed so quickly by a title in my life.

Lady Pancake and Sir French Toast
by Josh Funk
illustrated by Brendan Kearney

Lady Pancake and Sir French Toast have been the best of friends for so long but their friendship is tested when they discover that there is only one drop of maple syrup left.

It is every breakfast food for themselves as they each race to be the one who wins.  Or will they realize that victory is sweeter when shared with a dear friend?



I flipped through the pages and read a bit of it and it's such a fun book.  It's laugh out loud funny and full of action.  The text rhymes and just begs to be read aloud.  You can really make it into a fun performance for kids.  The illustrations are creative and hilarious.  Never has the food in your fridge seemed so entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment