Monday, January 5, 2015

Books to the Future #2: The Princess & the Pony

The Princess and the Pony
by Kate Beaton

Princess Pinecone really wants a horse for her birthday.  A horse befitting of a warrior princess.  Something huge and strong and majestic. But like all birthday presents of one kind or another, it doesn't quite work out the way she had hoped for.

******************************************************
This is a little different from Beaton's earlier work because it's geared towards children. However, let's be honest with ourselves.  We are going to read it anyway because it's Kate Beaton.  It looks cute and funny.  I think it will turn out to be a nice surprise.

ALSO: I always wondered if she would release a second volume of her comics and she will be sometime this fall, possibly in September.  Both Amazon and Goodreads say September 22nd, 2015 but we will have to wait and see.

This volume will be called, Step Aside, Pops!  There isn't a cover for it yet but that can wait.  I'm just excited for another book of her comics.  Her jokes about history, culture and literature always make me laugh.  I wonder if she'll throw in some of the comics involving her family? I enjoyed them when I read them on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment