Sunday, January 11, 2015

Adapting Classics: Jane Austen


The following graphic novels are about 3 years old now and I have been aware of them but totally forgot to discuss them here on the blog.  It's a bit late but better late than never, right?










Pride and Prejudice
adapted by Nancy Butler
illustrated by Hugo Petrus
Emma
adapted by Nancy Butler
illustrated by Janet Lee

Sense and Sensibility
adapted by Nancy Butler
illustrated by Sonny Liew
Northanger Abbey
adapted by Nancy Butler
illustrated by Janet Lee

I've put in an order for them so I will be reviewing them soon.  

One thing I have seen that threw me off these graphic novels is that the artist who worked on the cover?  Might not be the same one who did the rest of the book.  I've seen pages from Pride and Prejudice that I have found to be less than lovely.  Not all art styles are for me and I apologize to the artists because I know they have worked long and hard at their craft.  

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about these too. Gotta read them soon!

    ReplyDelete