Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e

One of my favorite manga series is Hana-Kimi by Hiyasa Nakajo.  They have been releasing the story in the 3 -in- 1 format for a while now so you get double the story for the same price you used to pay for the single volumes.  This, in my opinion, was a brilliant idea.  Saves readers money and gives you more for what you pay.

Hana-Kimi is a story about the mishaps and adventures of Mizuki Ashiya  as she poses as a boy at an all-boys Japanese high school.  She does this in order to track down her crush and inspiration, the champion athlete Izumi Sano.

I know it sounds ridiculous and fluffy but if you are looking to laugh and just find a bit of happiness then this is the manga for you.  Really and truly.


If you are looking for a break from reading and want something different, I have news for you.  There are 4 adaptations of this manga floating around.  I watched the early Japanese and Taiwanese versions and I love them both.  My love for Ikuta Toma and Oguri Shun is showing.  If you want something less dated there are more recent Japanese and Korean versions.  I have included some videos of  all 4 versions.  I could not find a trailer for the Japanese versions so I put up two fan made videos. If you can track them down in shops or if you subscribe to a Korean drama or Japanese drama site, check them out.

Taiwan (2006): Hanazakarino Kimitachihe


Japan (2007): Hanazakari no Kimitachi e


Japan (2011): Hanazakari no Kimitachi e


Korea (2013): To the Beautiful You

No comments:

Post a Comment