Sunday, August 31, 2014

Books to the Future # 1

There is a book I have been taking my time with for almost a year now.  If you follow me on goodreads, you can see it is a constant under my "currently reading" tab. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is the book in question.  I went out and bought this novel after I had lost my chance to own it during a book swap game for one of my classes.  Let me tell you, it was the first book people fought over to take home.

To get to the point, I have been working on it between classes and work for sometime.  I put it down not because it is a bad book.  On the contrary, it is an amazing book that has helped me expand what I read. I also went out and got the second novel after getting halfway through it.  I will get back to it I promise you, Patrick Rothfuss.  Soon.

What I want to talk about now is an upcoming book by the same author called The Slow Regard of Silent Things.  It is not the third book in the Kingkiller Chronicles series, however much we hoped it would be. 
 
Little is known about the girl named Auri that lives underneath the University.  Only she truly knows the tunnels of the place she calls the Underthing.  This short story is a glimpse into her world and life.  
I am so excited to read this new story in the Kingkiller Chronicles universe and read more about Auri.  She was one of my favorite things about the The Name of the Wind

This book is due out October 28th 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment