Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pemberley Digital

So let's just say, this story starts in my second semester of grad school. It was late and I was too stressed and dead inside to think about assignments without checking into an asylum. I needed a distraction! Something uplifting and funny and not related in any way to the doom cloud hanging over my head for the past 5 months. A friend over twitter suggested The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. It's a web series based on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

I marathoned 50 episodes in one sitting. Don't judge. They were all less than 8 minutes long. And I loved it. It was exactly what I needed. (Charlotte Lu, I adore you!). I was even able to catch up with the series to watch the last episode go live on March 28, 2013. Below is the first video to get you started but if you're interested in seeing the rest sometime, here's the full playlist.



While Lizzie's story did end, the same group started adapting Austen's Emma with Emma Approved. I'm really enjoying this series and I hope you will too when you check out episode one right below my ramblings. If you fall in love with it like I have, here's the full Emma playlist.



And if you're feeling particularly morose about the end of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, I got news for you. There will be a book coming out on June 24, 2014 called The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet, which expands on the webs series and gives fans a closer look at Lizzie's life. Some ways to get it will be online through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Indie Bound & Chapters.Indigo.

There is a lot of content to check out here so if you have a late night and need a 5 minute break? Check out any of the stuff that Pemberley Digital has to offer. I think you'll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment