Thursday, June 27, 2013

“We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet.

Dream Friends written and illustrated by You Byun:  Melody has a great friend. They do amazing and wonderful things together but only in her dreams. She tries to bring him out into the real world but she can't. Dream Friends is about how Melody learns to make a new friend.


I liked this story immensely.  I think it is another great book that carries positivity and holds a lot of hope for children.  I was a shy child and I grew into a shy adult, and I know I'm not alone in this.  The book really gives the reader a sense of  acceptance for being who they are, and I think a lot of children need to receive that message. 

The art also communicates all of this with its beautiful warm colours and soft flowing lines.  The artwork is stunning and on a different level from anything else I have ever seen in children's books.

I really cannot wait to see what else You Byun creates in the future.


If you would like to read more about You Bayun or see some more of her artwork for this book, check out this interview: "Get to Know the Artist: You Byun" by Lisel Ashlock


(title quote is by A. A. Milne and comes from Winnie the Pooh)

No comments:

Post a Comment