Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Toronto Comic Arts Festival (TCAF)


Now I know I have been talking about TCAF over on my twitter for months now and I have probably talked it to death but I felt that I had to blog about it anyway.  Sticking it to the man!  I am so hardcore.

Anyway, if you are new and have never even heard about it, then this post is for you.  TCAF is the Toronto Comic Arts Festival that takes place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

It is a two day event that brings together some of the most talented cartoonists, illustrators and artists in the world of comics and graphic novels to one place. If it sounds like a huge deal that is because it is.

Some of the big name guests this year are Bryan Lee O'Malley (the Scott Pilgrim series), Art Spiegelman (author of Maus) and Taiyo Matsumoto (author of Tekkon Kinkreet), just to name a few.   


But the total awesomeness of this event does not end with the list of featured guests.  There will be approximately 400 exhibitors at TCAF including a few publishers.  One of the exhibitors I am most looking forward to seeing is Hope Larson because I enjoyed her graphic novel adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time and loved her book Salamander Dream.  She will probably be showing off her latest book Who is AC? and I am excited about it.

So if you are in the city or you think you might be taking a trip to the city, then check out TCAF at the Toronto Reference Library.  It is free to attend and goes from May 11th to May 12th.  I hope some of you choose to go because it looks like it is going to be an amazing festival.

Here is the link to the official TCAF website.


1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I also need to catch up on The infernal Devices series, since that is the book you posted...lol

    ReplyDelete