Sunday, February 12, 2012

“If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.”


Awwww yeah, people. I have been waiting for months to talk about this book and now that I can, I cannot seem to contain my excitement and love for Cameron Dokey's fairy tales.

I have been reading the Once upon a Time series since it first popped up in 2002 and even own a few (all of them with the original cover artwork by Kinuko Y. Craft). They're so hard to find now and it's a shame to think that so many will miss out on these awesome stories because of that.

But there's always a glimmer of hope. Once by Cameron Dokey contains three of her stories from the series in one book: Wild Orchid (a retelling of Mulan), Golden (a retelling of Rapunzel) and Before Midnight (a retelling of Cinderella).

All of them are awesome stories that I've read over and over again and really adore. So I hope with this re-release, new readers will discover the series and Dokey's work and go looking for more.


(title quote from Audrey Hepburn)

No comments:

Post a Comment