Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Even if all the clocks in the station break down, thought Hugo, time won't stop."




The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick: Hugo Cabret is an orphan that lives in a wall at a busy Paris train station. His quiet life's routine of thieving to survive and keeping time with a large clock can be timed down to the second. But that routine is disrupted when he meets an excitable girl and an angry toy booth owner.




I have not read the book yet but I have it on order...as do 121 other people. It sounds pretty stellar. It's supposed to blend story and illustrations together and I cannot express just how much I enjoy that sort of thing. It's also a movie now, directed by Martin Scorsese.

This adaptation kind of crept up on me. I didn't even know it existed until about two weeks ago. The trailers were short and I always seemed to catch them right at the end. That's simply no way to be introduced to an adaptation. One needs time for these things!

And even though I dislike 3D films (because I can't watch them without feeling ill due to my eyesight and their overabundance of the last few years), I want to see this movie. Visually it looks stunning and the story has me more than interested in seeing it. I am so looking forward to watching it sometime soon.










(note: title quote from is from The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick)

No comments:

Post a Comment