Friday, November 11, 2011

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. "



Dark Eden by Patrick Carman: Will Besting is 15 years old when he's sent to Fort Eden, a place that is supposed to help him deal with his fears. But Will is not alone when he arrives there. There are six other teenagers just like him at Fort Eden, each of them struggling with their own intense phobia.

Will thinks the treatment process is a little weird. Each patient must spend time inside a chamber where they must face their fears. Strangely enough, it works as each of them leave the chamber feeling stronger. But soon after something starts to feel wrong as all seven patients experience odd aches and pains.

What did the fear chamber really do to them?

I used to seriously have a fear of the dark. Turn off the light and I wouldn't be able to sleep for the entire night and every little sound freaked me out. It wasn't until I truly faced my fear that I actually got over it. Now I can actually sleep without the light on (except after watching The Walking Dead for some reason). So I'm really interested in the whole idea surrounding these teenagers facing their fears and somehow being changed by their experience. Sounds creepy so I am down to clown with this novel.

Dark Eden is out now in hardcover.







Dark Eden 2: Eve of Destruction by Patrick Carman.

I was so surprised to see the cover art and the description up for the second book in the series. I didn't expect it at all. I'm not going to post more than the release date and the cover for now since I think the synopsis gives away a lot.

Dark Eden 2 comes out April 24th 2012 in hardcover.









(note: title quote from Mark Twain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment