Saturday, October 1, 2011

"They say the history of the West was written from the saddle of a horse..."




The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: The Scorpio Races happen every November. It's a tradition so old, it's immortal. Riders compete to make it to the finish line. Some make it there alive and some do not.

Sean Kendrick, the 19-year-old champion, returns and is as fearless as ever.

Puck Connolly, however, is different. Luck has never been on her side but she enters the race anyway. She's the first girl to ever ride in it and she has no idea what she's just signed up for.


I love Maggie Stiefvater's books so it's no wonder why I'm checking this one out. That being said, the novel does have a lot going for it. I like the idea of this race and I want to know more about it. I also really want to know this world in which the story takes place. Every detail is really quiet and small about this book right now so naturally, I'm hooked.



The Scorpio Races comes out October 18th, 2011 in Hardcover.



And here's the trailer for the book and it's amazing, of course. The music and the stop motion images flow together perfectly. Really, it's just a pretty piece of video and it just intensifies my want for this novel.



(note: title quote is from the film Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.)

No comments:

Post a Comment