Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dear Kate Beaton, I must confess that I did find Canadian history quite boring.



Hark! A Vagrant by Kate Beaton is a thing of wonder. It is a collection of her comics, some of them old favorites and some of them new.

Now that I've gotten that quaint and sweet description out of the way, I shall move right along and say that it is an amazing book. I have not stopped laughing since I got it, which was roughly a week ago (so basically I'm dead. I am a spirit cackling from the grave).

Her comics and commentary on world history, literature, entertainment, life and everything are the funniest things I have ever seen. Kate Beaton even has me looking up historical figures and events on my computer (like Nikola Tesla. Now all I want to do is scream and throw my long johns at him but alas, he's dead).

Also, she's Canadian so I feel a little swelling of pride in my chest is apt. Or is that swelling love? I haven't the faintest idea. Maybe it's both.



If you want to see some of her work for yourself before you buy the book (and you shall feel compelled to...eventually), you can check out her website:Kate Beaton on the Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment