Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter: The End But Not Really




Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is out in theaters today. I keep hearing the words "end of an era" everywhere and it's hard not to get emotional. The first film came out when I was 13, but my mom bought me my first Harry Potter novel when I was 11.

My mom kinda mixed it up a bit though. She brought home Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban first (And coincidentally, it's my favorite of the series). I remember her coming home from work the very next day with The Philospher's Stone and The Chamber of Secrets.

When people say, "it's the end of an era", I think they're right in the sense that the movies are done. But it is not the end for Harry Potter. Not for those who love him, his friends, his family and the magic of the series. I think we'll keep it alive by rediscovering the series ourselves or with our kids or with our nephews and nieces.

Because I think when something is truly special, it never really ends.

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment