Friday, April 15, 2011

Return to Bag End

It's been 10 years since Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings first came out. I was 12 at the time and an instant nerd for it. I actually watched the Oscars each year for three years hoping they'd win and was rewarded when finally Return of the King won best film.

Now J.R.R Tolkien's novel The Hobbit is being made into a film and they just started filming. Peter Jackson will be releasing behind the scenes footage on the internet every once in a while to show the people who are really waiting for the film (i.e. me, myself and I) how the film is progressing. You get to see so many people working to make this movie come to life and the actors look dead excited to be there. Really interesting stuff.

In case some of you don't know the story of The Hobbit, it's the tale of Bilbo Baggins' (Frodo is his heir and sort of adopted son) adventure with Gandalf and 13 dwarves to the Lonely Mountain to take back the treasure that a dragon stole.

Do I have any problems with casting? No, not one bit. I've actually heard of most of the actors and am eagerly awaiting the moment I see them in full costume. Also, I trust Peter Jackson to do a good job and make the best film possible.

So here's the first video. I hope Tolkien enthusiasts are looking forward to the film as much as I am.



(When the old score music started to play, I teared up a bit. I am such a nerd.)

1 comment:

  1. I watched this today and it made me SOOO excited. Seeing the actors around Bilbo's table was amazingly cool. I'm really hoping we get a bunch more of these videos as they continue filming. It's been so long since I read The Hobbit--I better reread it before the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete