Monday, September 27, 2010

Update on my reading of The Hunger Games

So basically, I am screwed. Read The Hunger Games slowly because school readings take top priority and now that I have finished it, I find myself in a spot of trouble.

1. I'm addicted.
AND
2. I am hold request #245 for Catching Fire at the library. (fate worse than death)

It's going to be a long wait so I'm hoping that I'll either win the lottery or have a stroke of luck during Christmas. Either one would be lovely.

But yes, late to the game but at least I attended the opening ceremonies. I don't want to say too much so as not to ruin the book for other people so I will just say that I really enjoyed it. Loved the pace, didn't feel slow in the least. Really enjoy the setting and the type of world in which the story takes place however horrible and sad it is.

I know the series is being made into a movie. That bit of news hasn't escaped me and I hope it turns out well. Suzanne Collins is apparently writing the screenplay herself which is a nod in their favor at this point.

Looking forward to seeing and reading more of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment