Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Material for Procrastination



Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles: Caleb Becker left Paradise eight months ago, taking with him the secret he promised to take to his grave. If the truth got out, it would ruin everything.

Maggie Armstrong tried to be strong after Caleb broke her heart and disappeared. Somehow, she managed to move on. She’s determined to make a new life for herself.

But then Caleb and Maggie are forced together on a summer trip. They try ignoring their passion for each other, but buried feelings resurface. Caleb must face the truth about the night of Maggie’s accident, or the secret that destroyed their relationship will forever stand between them.

I'll admit, I never even read Leaving Paradise but that's because it's impossible to find in my city and I just do not order things off the internet (I LIVE IN THE DARK AGES). I'm hoping bookstores might stock up on the first novel in the series when this one comes out.

First thing is...I really dislike the cover. I feel like I'm spying on a couple that's making out in the woods. I'm in their personal space and they're in mine. Not cool, dude. And it just feels a little too different from the cover for 'Leaving Paradise'.

Still interested in reading it though. I really enjoyed both 'Perfect Chemistry' and 'Rules of Attraction' so with this novel it's no different.


Release Date: September 1, 2010.



Across the Universe by Beth Revis: Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone—one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship—tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn’t do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed’s hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there’s only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

I think the only novels that I have ever read that involved the future and space are the original novels for Doctor Who. So as you can assume I am extremely desperate for futuristic YA fiction. The book cover is beautiful and the description has my attention. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

There's two release dates for this novel. Amazon says one thing and the author herself says quite another. I'll post both until one of them becomes official. January 11, 2011 and March 22, 2011.




So Shelly by Ty Roth: Until now, high school junior, John Keats, has only tiptoed near the edges of the vortex that is schoolmate and literary prodigy, Gordon Byron. That is, until their mutual friend, Shelly, drowns in a sailing accident.

After stealing Shelly's ashes from her wake at Trinity Catholic High School, the boys set a course for the small Lake Erie island where Shelly's body had washed ashore and to where she wished to be returned. It would be one last "so Shelly" romantic quest. At least that's what they think. As they navigate around the obstacles and resist temptations during their odyssey, Keats and Gordon glue together the shattered pieces of Shelly's and their own pasts while attempting to make sense of her tragic and premature end.

John Keats and Gordon Byron? I must confess that I am mainly looking forward to this book for the sole purpose of seeing some of literature's finest authors reborn as imaginary characters. I'm a tad excited about it.

Release Date: February 8, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment